Tuesday, June 29, 2010

These are some views along my quarter-mile commute to the classroom. The pictures start out at the Kenya Baptist Theological College library and offices (round buildings); proceeds along their garden plots to the classroom building; and shows the student dorm and dining hall downslope from the classroom. See if you can find the giant pointsettia.

2 comments:

  1. It looks so beautiful there! Does it stay that green during their summer months? Totally not what I expected!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have responded earlier to your comment - but here in the high country I think it is green year round. This is the cool-moist season (their version of winter), so the other seasons must be green but a bit warmer. You can see from the Nairobi Park post that the grasslands are warmer and drier - and I suppose hot and dry in their summer. People tell me it is unusually warm right now - I find it pleasantly cool. byefornow - HDG

    ReplyDelete